Wednesday, April 11, 2007

One of the Saddest Things I've Ever Read



*Warning* Don't read this if you have any responsibilities for the next 5 minutes. After reading this news report from the BBC this morning, I had to weep. My heart now hurts, and I want God to intervene in the Middle East more than ever.

The Red Cross says every aspect of life in Iraq is getting worse - a trip to the market has become a matter of life and death.

"Once I was called to an explosion site," Saad, a humanitarian worker, is quoted as saying in the report.

"There I saw a four-year-old boy sitting beside his mother's body, which had been decapitated by the explosion. He was talking to her, asking her what had happened. He had been taken out shopping by his mum."

Do we even care who's to blame any more? I just want it to stop. I want the pain in my heart that I feel for this 4 year old boy who I don't even know to stop. I want his pain to stop, I want him to be loved, to be taken care of, and to have his mom with her head back so that she can explain to him what's wrong.

Click here for the whole story.

No comments: