Monday, November 03, 2008

Re: Naps


I'm a huge advocate of naps. While I realize that naps are a luxury, and that for many they are impossible, for those of us who do much of our work from 7-10pm, they aren't always optional.

Given my affinity for naps, it was nice to see a story on the front page of Digg today about the benefits of naps.

The study states:

For years naps have gotten a bad rap, derided as a sign of laziness, weakness, or senility... ...but lately napping has garnered new respect, thanks to solid scientific evidence that midday dozing benefits both mental acuity and overall health. A slew of new studies have shown that naps boost alertness, creativity, mood, and productivity in the later hours of the day.


Hooray for naps!

1 comment:

Christine H. said...

I wish I could nap. I get a headache if I nap during the day. Bummer! But Autumn loves her nap each day. She actually asks for it.